Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Negros Occidental's Bacolod City : More than Inasal

Is there anything we can do in Bacolod besides eat Inasal?

That's what we asked ourselves after being able to book a really cheap flight to the City of Smiles.  We just couldn't resist booking that Php200 all-in airfare. And although Bacolod seems like a world apart from the previous adventure-filled places that we've been to, we didn't let ourselves be discouraged.  I, for one, believe that each place has something to offer and some, just waiting to be discovered. 

So just imagine my delight when my sister gave me a flyer of Next Stop Negros  a tour company which aims to provide tourists a unique experience of Negros.  Their tours consisted of the following:
  • Hacienda Lunch Tours
  • Biking at the foot of Mt. Kanlaon
  • Central Market Walking Tour
  • Four Waterfalls Trek
  • Danjugan Island
  • Visita Iglesia
Now these activities doubled my excitement for our Bacolod trip!  Among the activities above, I couldn't wait for the bike ride along the sugar field.

But much to my dismay, after contacting Next Stop Tours for countless of times, I wasn't able to formally book a tour.  At first I was able to talk to the owner but after some follow-up email and calls, I wasn't able to get hold of them any longer. 

I wasn't to lose hope, though.  Up to the time we arrived in Bacolod, I was still trying to get in touch with them or visit their office.  However, after my nth call, I was informed that the company is no longer active and does not offer bike tours anymore.  Crap.  I would have appreciated a simple email/text days before the trip.  Or better yet, why not put a big banner on the site announcing such state?

So here goes our revised itinerary.. minus the waterfalls and biking tour that I so dreamt of:

Day 1
2: 00pm          ETD Manila
2: 45pm          ETA Silay Bacolod airport
3: 45pm          ETA Circle Inn (Bacolod City)
7: 30pm          Dinner at Mushu

Day 2
8: 30am          ETD Circle Inn
8: 45 - 9:30am Bus terminal
10: 45am        ETA Mambukal Falls
2:30pm           back to hotel
4:30pm           lunch/dinner
6:00pm           Robinsons

Day 3
8:30am           ETD Circle Inn
9:30am           ETA Silay City
                     * Bernandino - Jalandoni Museum
                     * San Diego Cathedral
                     * Balay Negrense Museum
                     * Old Houses around Silay
1:30pm          Lunch at Bacolod chickenhouse
3:00pm          Dessert at Calea (Robinsons)
4:15pm          The Ruins
6:00pm          Back to the hotel
7:30pm          Dinner at Bob's
9:00pm          Pendy's Pasalubong

Day 4
8:00am          Breakfast at Mcdo Capitol
8:45am          Photoshoot at Capitol
                    San Sebastian Cathedral
                    Virgie's Pasalubong
12:00pm        check out and lunch at Circle Inn
4:30pm          ETA Silay- Bacolod Airport
(delayed flight!! *$%@!#)
8:45pm          Left Bacolod
9:30pm          ETA Manila

Here's a sneak peek of the places that we got to see around Negros Occidental.  Each place will have a separate post:

the only pancit that I'm craving for


4th falls at Mambukal
Famous The Ruins
dinner at Bob's
Balay Negrense
heavenly Calea cake
Capitol Lagoon
One of the pools at Mambukal Resort
San Sebastian Cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment