Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Camping at Anawangin

April 2008

Our summer trip at Anawangin Cove, Zambales probably is the cheapest beach trip I had with my friends.  With just a budget of Php2,000, we were able to spend 3 days and 2 nights at the much talked about camping site up north.

After reading a few blogs marvel on the place's picturesque sea and mountain views, we simply couldn't wait to see it ourselves.  There are two ways to reach the place, it's either via a 40-45 minutes boat ride from Brgy Pundaquit worth 1,500 or a 4-6 hours trek at Mt. Pundaquit.  Being inexperienced climbers, we opted for the former.


When we got to the place, I must say I was a bit disappointed with the greyish sand.  However, upon reaching the camp site, the pine trees made up for it.  After all, it's not everyday that I get to see pine trees by the beach. I was again overwhelmed with excitement over my first camping trip.


During our entire stay at Anawangin, I felt like we weren't just 5 hours away from Manila but on a much farther place.  With no mobile phones to distract us and no electricity, we took this opportunity to just laze around, take a LOT of photos, and drink booze.  





One memory of Anawangin that I'll always remember is how at one night the blanket of stars were quite low in the sky that I can almost grab them.  Yes it was breathtaking.  One that I wish I had captured in film.  


First camping trip for the roadtrippers

How to Get to Pundaquit:

 Ride a Victory Liner bus to Iba or Sta. Cruz Zambales and ask the conductor to drop you off at San Antonio.  Travel time is around 3-4 hours.  From San Antonio, ride a tricycle to Pundaquit worth Php30 per passenger.

Tips: 
* Bring the following items: tent, camping equipment, food, buthane, drinking water, insect repellant
* Anawangin a great photo destination so be armed with your cameras, extra batteries, films







No comments:

Post a Comment